Monday, November 12, 2007

Still Feelin' Crappy....

I haven't been in here in a few days because I've been feeling pretty rotten. Either the candida cleanse is working, or I have other issues that need to be addressed. I'm still feeling badly, but I thought I should update so that when I look back on this I will know what was going on.

I have been having some serious headaches that mostly happen behind my eyes, but it sometimes moves slightly upwards or backwards farther into my head. Bright lights bother me, and I've noticed that if something isn't in focus to begin with, my eyes get REALLY irritated by it. My lower left eye lid has been twitching for the last week, too.

I was also having some problems with my neck, but I think buying a new orthopedic memory foam pillow has helped with that, plus I saw my doctor last week and he did some acupressure
on my head along with acupuncture. The pain isn't gone, but it is feeling somewhat better. I'm dizzy still, and feel off-balanced most of the time...Dr. S was hoping to help that with the two procedures, but no go.

When I woke up this morning, I felt pain in my teeth (all of them), deep in my ears, behind and above my eyes, and the bridge of my nose. I have also been having issues with my arms, especially my left one, but they both fall asleep often. My left arm aches horribly at times from just under the shoulder down to the wrist. I also get adrenaline rushes, mostly upon waking, for no reason at all. My feet get a burning feeling, and my plantar fasciitis acts up even when I haven't been on my foot. My mental clarity lately has been down to almost nothing when my headache is going on - which has been pretty much non-stop for the last week. At times, it feels like my body is vibrating, like my blood vessels are going nuts. Last night I woke up about 3 a.m., and my middle finger on my right hand felt like electricity was running through it. Now today, I get aches in that hand that starts from half-way down my elbow to my fingers, and makes my hand "feel" useless, but I've been able to use it.

Die-off symptoms of candida are as follows: headaches, nausea, brain fog, dizziness, fatigue, sugar cravings, minor skin breakouts, cold hands and feet. I've highlighted the ones I'm noticing for me so far. This is the second and last week of the cleansing, so it's the time when this should happen if it's going to. I haven't totally been able to keep sugar out of my diet as it is in almost everything, but I've sure done my best to keep it minimal. Hopefully these symptoms I have will start going away as the yeast dies off.

I have noticed one positive since I started this diet. Before, if I didn't eat something every couple of hours I'd feel terribly sick to my stomach. Now I can go between meals no problem without anything, and my stomach gives me no problems, except for a hungry growl from time to time.

Dr. S. told me if things don't start getting better in a few more days, he suspects I could have carotid artery blockage, an ear infection, or a sinus infection. I'm hoping for one of the latter two, since the first one is scaring me a bit.

I haven't forgotten that I still have the five crowns with amalgam under them. Dr. S thinks that by now I should be feeling about 95% better, but I think I disagree on that. He wants me to wait until I'm more stable before I do any more dental revision, and I will, but I'm not sure how much more stable I'm going to get.

No comments: