Friday, November 30, 2007

Seems to be working...

Today is day 3 of doing the oil pulling, or swishing. I have to admit, the first day it felt pretty gross swishing it around, tasted terrible, and I had problems keeping it in my mouth because my sinuses were starting to drain down the back of my throat and I was gagging. The second day went much better, and I didn't start gagging and spitting up junk until after I was done. It also didn't taste as bad, and didn't seem to be as difficult to do. Today was a breeze and I almost forgot to go and spit it out at the twenty minute mark. I'm still not expecting much yet in the way of relief, but every little positive step seems like good improvement. I have been noticing small windows of energy the last two days sandwiched in between extreme fatigue and brain-fog, and the headache seems to be less painful. Overall my thought process is starting to become more positive, and I'm feeling more confident about things.

I have been digging around the website I previously mentioned (earthclinic.com), and finding a lot of interesting information. Some of it seems pretty far out there, but the body is an amazing creation, and natural means for health just seems more wise to me than using man-made chemicals that can do more harm than good. Have you ever noticed that the side effects listed on your prescription (or on t.v. commercials for medication) are more than what the medicine is used for? Worse off for me is that I haven't seemed to do well with any prescription meds at all over these last 2 1/2 years. The nasonex was just another reason to make me understand that with getting more side effects than what it was supposed to be helping with.

One remedy (on the website) I've decided to incorporate (again) is molasses. Molasses is great for anemia. Dr. S had me taking it a number of years ago for my anemia, but I stopped doing it for some odd reason I can't remember. It was really good to see the health benefits of this simple food, and to know that it is commonly used and has helped many people. I'm hoping that it will pull me out of the extreme fatigue/brain-fog funk and make me feel a little more human most days. I am intrigued by the apple cider vinegar method, but probably won't try that until I see how the oil pulling works.

No comments: