Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I like to be prepared...

I went to see an allopathic (western medicine) doctor today. She (Dr. A) was really nice, but I probably freaked her out a little bit. Since I'm so used to doing research and making lists and having things organized (I am an organizational nut on my good days), I prepared my list of symptoms for her, had my family medical history in order, brought a copy of my dental work-up, and had information about my naturopathic doctor, Dr. S. I was ready for any type of test and theory of what she thought I might have. She probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac since my list of symptoms filled a page of copy paper typed. Now these symptoms were not all ones that were bothering me today. They included symptoms that I've had since I was a child, to symptoms that have come and gone over the last two years, to the ones specifically that I wanted her to address today. I explained to her I wanted her to see the entire picture in case there were symptoms that go together. She probably still thought I was a bit on the crazy side- maybe I am, but I blame it on the mercury! :)

Anyway, Dr. A believes that the dizziness/off-balance feeling and headaches are being caused by acute sinusitis. She gave me some trial meds to take (nasonex and an OTC sinus rinse). She said that both of these together should clear out the "thick" feeling I have going on in my head and relieve the pain and pressure I am feeling. It will probably take up to a month to feel relief though, so she wants to see me again then, and decide whether or not I also need a visit to an ENT at that point.

I will certainly be thankful if I can get rid of these problems - it will sure make life a lot easier. Even if I feel 100% better in a month, I am still a supporter of getting rid of amalgam fillings and will continue to have mine removed.

No comments: