Thursday, May 29, 2008

A little bit of detox goes a long way...

Last night I decided I was going to take a hot bath (sweat therapy) to help release some of the toxins in my body, and hopefully mostly my head since it was feeling very bogged down. After a good dry brushing, I hopped into the tub and spent a few minutes adjusting to the heat. Within about ten minutes, I could feel the perspiration start. I laid a washcloth across my forehead and settled in. After an hour and a half and three washcloth changes on my forehead later as well as several others to dry the rest of my face, the water cooled enough that I wasn't sweating anymore. I got out and went directly to the shower to wash the sweat out of my hair. I felt a little energized, weak, but energized, and my face was smooth and soft. Within an hour, however, I had a sharp pain begin in my left temple area that pretty much wiped me out for the rest of the night. I still have the head pain this morning, just not as intense. Otherwise, I do have short bits of feeling some energy as I sit here, almost like a rush, but only lasts for a minute or so and then my head starts hurting again. I imagine I'll be going back and forth between the two for awhile.

I can definitely tell you the head pain is NOT comfortable by any means, but it IS comforting to know that the bath was doing its job. I don't even want to think about how many toxins I left in that water or landed in the washcloths, but I'm thankful it means there's less in my body.

Yesterday I decided that I am going to try the detox foot patches. I read up on them and saw both pros and cons. The pros were from people who actually tried them, and the cons were from those who pretty much just wanted to give their opinion even though they have never put them on their feet. I figured I would just try it for myself since it's not something I ingest and it's all herbal ingredients. I purchased some Kinoki brand from ebay, and they should be here next week. I can't wait to try them just to see what happens and if I notice any difference. I don't expect them to be the only answer to my detox by any means, and I think the people who have dissed them (from what I've read) are people who expected them to do it all. For me it will only be a part of what I do, and if I get positive results it will just be one more thing in my arsenal that helped. If not, I got them for under $10, so I won't be out much and can say I tried them.

I just realized that I never mentioned again the cultured veggies I ordered awhile back. They did come in, a couple weeks later than anticipated, but I did get to try them. I have only tried them once to see if I like the taste, but since then my family has been a little busy and I actually haven't eaten them with a meal like I'm supposed to. So, the verdict is still out on it. As for the taste, they were okay. I still have a strong dislike of bitter-tasting foods, so it will take me a bit to get used to them, but I think overall they weren't bad. I imagine eating them with other foods will help a lot. I'll try to remember to post again about them after I've had them a few times.

No comments: