Monday, May 19, 2008

Today is the big day!

Today I get the last three crowns out...I am quite excited and nervous at the same time. I've been waiting for this day since the first day I realized it could be my amalgams over two years ago. It's taken a long time to get this far, and I can't believe it is finally here. As I mentioned in my previous post, I go with some apprehension. I want today to be the day that my health immediately shows improvement. I know it's a tall order, and I may not notice a thing...or it could change my life instantly and I'll lose the headaches, the dizziness and off-balance feelings, and gain energy like I've never had.

Since this is my last revision, I want to share where I've been and where I am at now, so that I can compare again in a few months.

Here is where I was at in December:
-severe head and neck pain/achiness
-unexplained weight gain
-muscle aches/pain
-vision disturbances (off-balance feeling)
-dizzy spells(vertigo?)
-chronic fatigue
-hair loss
-occasional irritability (feels like finger nails across a chalkboard x3)
-occasional sensory overload (''feel'' words/sounds/sensitive to touch)
-frequent chills/cold (body temp below normal)
-neck sensitivity
-occasional indigestion
-occasional nausea
-poor memory
-brain fog/inability to concentrate
-mood swings
-motion sickness
-skin eruptions
-bad breath
-occasional extreme thirst, dry throat
-zinc deficiency
-anemia

Here's where I am now:
-head and neck pain/achiness
-frequent muscle aches/pain
-vision disturbances (off-balance feeling)
-dizzy spells(vertigo?)
-chronic fatigue
-occasional irritability (feels like finger nails across a chalkboard x3)
-neck sensitivity
-occasional indigestion
-poor short term memory (longterm has gotten very good)
-occasional brain fog/inability to concentrate
-motion sickness
-occasional skin eruptions
-bad breath
-zinc deficiency
-anemia

The list has gotten smaller, so I am very happy about that. To me that means that having the other amalgams removed has made a difference. I think just knowing that gives me more hope that the rest could very well disappear after today...maybe not right away, but as I detox and get the rest of the mercury out of my system.

As I reflect today on the last three years and how hard it's been...some days I wasn't even sure I'd make it...but I have learned so much. In that way I am thankful for the experience, because now I can know somewhat how it feels when people are going through rough times, and maybe even have some answers for people I encounter who have unexplained health issues and want to know what's going on with their bodies. I know I've said it several times in previous posts, but I know of so many who will only stop by here once and read maybe only one or two posts and move on, so I'm going to say it again. PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR DENTIST PUT AMALGAM (silver) FILLINGS IN YOUR TEETH OR IN YOUR CHILDREN'S TEETH! IT'S MERCURY AND MERCURY IS POISON. IT WILL HARM YOU.

I had someone ask me the other day how I'm being affected by mercury so profoundly when others are not. I told this person that it could be a combination of things, genetic makeup, the amount of amalgam I had in my mouth, a previously poor diet...I don't know. I do know, however, that over 90% of the population is affected by mercury. Whether it be from fillings or vaccinations or food we eat (fish in particular), every person who has had some exposure to mercury does have or will have a reaction to it. It may be minor, or it could be major as in my case, but they will be affected. Mercury loves the brain, the liver, and the thyroid. It can affect so many other places in the body, too, and just knowing that can explain so many maladies. I posted a list at the beginning of my blog that has symptoms on it that have been helped by amalgam removal. If you have any of those symptoms on that list and you have amalgam fillings (or get flu shots regularly), you could be reacting to the mercury in your body. Please educate yourself and be specific with your dentist. Let him or her know that you know the dangers of amalgam and don't want them in your mouth.

Well I think that is enough said for today. I will post again soon to share how the dentist visit went.

No comments: