Friday, March 5, 2010

New doc, new tests, new protocol

I saw the new doctor this week. He seems alright. I think it will take a bit to get used to his style, but if he can help me I guess that's all that really matters.

First we discussed my new test results. To my dismay, almost all levels went back up. I know it's been over a year since I took the last test, but this just does not seem right. Apparently I am still being exposed to all the same heavy metals, including mercury. Lead came back the highest and in the toxic range, so I am very concerned that Sparky and the kids are still dealing with high levels as well (probably even higher than when they tested since we have not done any chelation for them at all). I want to get our water tested really bad, but our city is refusing to do it. We'll have to pay to have it done, and that just frustrates me.

Back to the office visit...I explained to Dr. S (yeah, he is also a Dr. S) what's been going on over the last six years. I wasn't able to explain everything, but seemed to get the most important stuff mentioned. He agreed with me that the cilantro tincture will probably do better than DMSA since the DMSA caused some side effects, and I'm very happy about that. He also prescribed some other supplements to help with my headaches and off-balance issues. He said if I don't feel any relief in a couple of weeks that he wants to do more testing.

I want to be so excited about all of this and hope that things start turning around, but I've actually felt pretty crappy this week and feeling not as optomistic as I did last week. I'm actually in quite a bit of a funk, and that's normally not like me. I think my headaches are really starting to get me down because they've moved to the back of my head now and get pretty powerful. They come on so suddenly and really wear me down.

I also shared with Dr. S. that I'm still having gut issues and he set me up with an appointment with him to do a colonoscopy. NOT HAPPY about that. But he is concerned that things aren't right and wants to get it figured out so we can get back to dealing with my other issues if needed.

1 comment:

CrisisMaven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.