Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Taking a break...

This morning while I was supposed to be sleeping, I thought about a lot of things, but mainly my health issues. I am in the midst of preparing for my colonoscopy next week and thought long and hard about what I need to do, not just for the colonoscopy, but about other things going on recently, too. I have decided I am going to take this time off from the cilantro/chlorella tincture as well to give my body a small break. I really think it's been working very hard these last few weeks chelating out toxins, but I'm also wanting to test my hypothesis on the funk that I'm in. A couple of things happened mentally and physically to me last night that puts me in even more of a position to really feel the importance of taking this time off from the tincture. I hit a low mentally that I have not hit in years. It scared me. I didn't like what I was thinking and it shocked me that I would even go there. Physically, I had head pain upon going to bed last night that I've never felt before, and I seriously thought I wasn't going to wake up this morning. It feels like I'm on the verge of having it return, and I'm not sure what to think of it.

If I find out during this week off that my positive attitude returns among a few symptoms either returning or new ones disappearing, I will know for certain it is the tincture and can discuss it with my doctor. Maybe we will need to take a slower route with it (rather than two times a day maybe just one, or maybe less each time), or do something completely different. I would really like to stay with it because I know it's much safer than synthetic chelators, but I'm also very concerned that it can be that strong to cause me mental and physical stress. Maybe I'm almost over the worst of it too, and things will get better as there's less metals in my body to detoxify, I don't know. This will be a good test to find out whatever the case, and we'll see how it goes.

I was able to talk with my chiropractor last night about adjusting my stomach. She said she was never trained in school, but she was willing to try if I was willing to let her. She did it, and I really think it helped. I did feel some chest pain yet overnight, but I don't feel as much pressure as I did before the adjustment. I could feel my stomach move when she adjusted me, so I know it was way up in the diaphragm where it's not supposed to be, so we'll see if it holds until I see her again in two weeks. I will be happy if I can feel relief from that. I have been trying very hard since last night to keep my abdomen elongated and sit straight (like I'm supposed to!) and see if I can help keep it where it belongs.

No comments: