Tuesday, July 29, 2008

High dose of DMSA?

I wanted to post this website for perusal. I found it very helpful, and even checked out the chlorella link and found a lot of great information.

My appointment yesterday went well. I talked with the NP about my concerns, and she suggested I take a heavy metal challenge test. It is a 6-hour urine test, and I am supposed to take DMSA at the beginning of it. Her nurse calculated the amount I should take very high, and I've been in communication with Dr. S as to what his thoughts are on this and if he thinks it might be too much. As I write, we are still waiting for the NP to return my call so that I can ask her what I should expect for the 72 hours following taking it. According to one website I read, there will be some pain involved at high levels, so I am a bit nervous about it. Once I do the test and send it in, it's supposed to take up to a month to get the results, so I'll be waiting a while longer to know if I am truly mercury toxic. Hopefully we can figure out if the dosage will be okay and the side effects minimal soon.

No comments: