Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Heavy Metal Challenge Test...

I did the heavy metals test, the next day, on Wednesday. It went well considering. I had to take 23 DMSA pills to get started, which was a little disconcerting to me, but it turned out fine. The only side effect that I noticed that could have been attributed to it was that I was extremely cold in my hands, feet, and nose that afternoon and evening. I must have warmed up sometime overnight, because then my body basal temperature rose to 98.5 by the next morning!

By Saturday, the off-balance and dizzy feeling I've been complaining about for over a year was almost non-existent. I was pretty happy about that, but then I chose to help my husband paint our master bathroom that evening before we put new flooring in. We used paint that probably contains mercury as a preservative so now I've probably undone everything that the DMSA was correcting.

The test results will be back in about a month. I've already got a follow-up appointment set up with the NP to go over them as well as other tests from my check-up. I can't believe it takes that long to figure out a test, but oh well. It will be nice to see how badly I've been affected by mercury as well as other heavy metals, because I know I have. It's just to what extent is what I'm wanting to be able to take back to Dr. S since he was beginning to seem unsure that mercury was the culprit. This test won't give an accurate picture of how badly I've been affected since it was urine only, but it will give enough to prove that I can feel good about continuing the heavy metal detox protocol.

No comments: