Friday, July 11, 2008

Gotta go through the bad before you get to the better...

Since my last post I have been doing a lot of detox. I have felt pretty terrible, but I am keeping a good attitude about it as much as possible because I know the reasons why I'm feeling so badly.

I have been taking probiotics, taking my usual Sunrider products, eating cultured veggies, cilantro, onions, and garlic daily, and I've taken one epsom salt bath. I am now totally on the candida diet, eating only meats and vegetables, and have for two weeks now. I also purchased and have been using a neti pot daily and finding some relief from the stuffiness I was having in my nasal passages. All of my symptoms have come back stronger due to the die off of the yeast in my system, however. When the yeast has died off enough I should feel some relief, but it will continue to build again as long as I have the heavy metals so abundant in my system. I will be continuing with the above protocol, and hoping to soon add chlorophyll (cleanses the blood) and spirulina which will help with detoxing the metals out. Like I've said before, it will be a slower process than using DMPS, but I am just not comfortable with using any chemicals, and neither is my ND.

I recently bought the Body Ecology Diet book from Donna Gates. I have just finished reading it. It's got a lot of great information. I don't know how closely I can follow her suggestions, but I am very interested in a lot of the recipes, and am eating cultured veggies and bought the Coco-biotic already.

It makes me disgruntled to know how bad sugar and processed foods have really screwed up our digestive systems. For anyone looking for better alternatives to sugar, stevia, xylitol, and lakanto are great choices. I have used stevia and xylitol, but have not tried lakanto. Both stevia and xylitol have healthful benefits as well as being a great substitute...stevia helps with the blood and heart, and xylitol is great (and far better for you than the rat poison flouride!) for your teeth. If you are looking for a gum that doesn't contain sugar or the bad sweeteners like splenda or nutrasweet, I found Spry gum just recently (made with xylitol), and my whole family loves the flavors. You can possibly find it locally in the natural foods sections of your grocery store, but I found all flavors online by typing "Spry" into google.

No comments: