Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Five Days Later....

This is day #5 since I had work done on my teeth. They haven't been 'great' days, but they sure are showing improvement, which is a step in the right direction. I still have chest tightness and overwhelming fatigue at times most likely due to the detoxing effect, but as for the off-balance and dizzy feelings, it's been very minimal if non-existent. The headaches are also starting to fade. I'm trying not to get too excited yet (but have been very happy over the last two days with feeling better overall), since the pattern has been that the 7th, 14th, and 21st days have been marking points for tough days following revision, and I still have another day before I make it to day #7.

I saw Dr. S three days ago for treatment and we talked about a lot again. He seems to have changed his tune about the mercury being the problem once again (recently we talked and he felt it couldn't be still causing my symptoms) and now believes that the whole upper half of my body (from chest up) is dealing with toxicity. He said once I get the last 3 crowns done in May I will continue to show improvement and be 'well' in a year's time. I'm not sure what changed his mind, but I'm glad we're thinking the same again. Detox treatment will go a lot easier if he and I are in agreement.

Sparky (my better-half) and I are seriously considering buying an infrared sauna to help with the detox. I showed a brochure to Dr. S when I visited him and he was very happy about the idea and is considering getting one for himself. Infrared sauna is better for the body when detoxing than traditional saunas because infrared is far-cell reaching, and heats the inside of the body, making it able to detoxify at a cellular level. Traditional saunas heat the outside of the body and never really reach the inside.

Dr. S also wants me starting on exercise - mostly weight lifting right now. My muscles in my neck, shoulders, pecs, and arms have weakened, and he wants to get them strengthened and ready for some more aggressive workouts once the amalgam is gone. He also said yoga would be good, so I'm going to see what I can do to get a program going.

Because of what seems to be immediate and so far on-going relief of the off-balance and dizzy feelings as well as the headaches, I think I can say so far that one of the teeth I had worked on was causing these problems. I'm not sure which one...the decayed under the crown tooth, or the tooth with the titanium and whatever other piece it was buried in amalgam under a crown. Whichever one, I'm glad it's gone and I've been feeling some relief. I certainly didn't expect it yet, but I am certainly taking every good day for what it is. Can't wait to get these last ones taken care of...

No comments: