Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dental visit thoughts...

Today I go in to have two of the last five crowns replaced. I'm excited that the day is finally here, but a little frustrated that it's not my last revision visit. I will still have three more crowns to replace in a future appointment, but I'm hoping that will be very soon.

I do have some apprehension about today's visit.
I know that my body will go into detox mode today, caused by the 'missing' mercury no longer being supplied by the amalgam. In the past, after each amalgam removal, I've had some really low days. I am hoping this time will be better because my thyroid is a little more stable and my adrenals seem to be holding their own, as well as already having a lot less mercury running through my system than I did before when I had all the amalgam fillings. My last appointment to remove amalgam was seven months ago, so we'll have to see if that much time for my body to adjust will make a difference.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but yet I want today to be the day that when Dr. C drills out the amalgam that my headaches will stop and the off-balance and dizzy feelings will go away. It's a real high hope, because with having three crowns still not changed out after today, I'll still have enough amalgam that puts me over the toxic limit. I also
have four root canaled teeth that won't be addressed, and an occlusion (bite) that's been tinkered with so many times that my jaw muscles don't know what's 'home' anymore. That alone can cause problems in the skeletal makeup of the body.

As I was looking up some more information regarding toxicity, I found this website explaining the proper procedure for removing amalgam and thought it would be beneficial to post.

No comments: