Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Some Snippets

Other than feeling dead-tired from lack of sleep (due to Sparky's cold of recent), I have been doing better over the past few days. I saw my doctor on Saturday and he did a different procedure on my jaw to help calm it down, using a machine that sends pulses of electricity through some pads held to my cheeks. He also adjusted my neck since it was bothering me again, and he was able to make that feel a little better, too. I still feel achiness in the neck and jaw, but it's a little more tolerable now. My doctor is wanting me to try to calm the tooth down even more by putting eye-droppers of swedish bitters on it at bedtime and brush with liquid stevia (sunectar/sunnydew). I was able to start the swedish bitters since I had some of that, but I won't have liquid stevia for a few days because I need to order it.

We also asked my doctor what causes the irritability I struggle with pretty often. He said that the irritability is actually a good sign that my body is trying to detox the mercury out. He said the only other way would be through fever, and he said this is the best way for it to come out, so he's glad to hear when I am irritable but does understand the frustration I feel since it's so bothersome. It's kind of strange to think I should be happy when I'm irritable!

I was reminded of another thing to share - about mercury being the possible culprit for premature grey hair. I started going grey in my late 20's. My head is peppered with silver strands now, but Sparky noticed during the weekend that I had a multicolored strand of hair he found on my shoulder (my hair falls out easily now, and thinning at a rapid rate). It reminded me of something that I learned in my research...I'm thinking it's in the Andrew Hall Cutler book - about hair greying at young ages due to amalgam. I don't recall however, if it it mentions anything about reversing itself once the amalgam is removed. The strand was silver on the bottom, and my natural color near the root. Methinks it's a possibility my hair could possibly reverse back to it's natural light brown when the amalgam is completely gone. Hmmmm.....it will be interesting to see in about a year from now.

No comments: