Friday, September 14, 2007

Talk about toxic!

In reference to my title of this post, I'm the one who's toxic, and I think yesterday proved it.

I emailed my doctor in the morning, telling him of some symptoms that I was experiencing that were getting a little out of the ordinary (out of the ordinary meaning really bad). He told me to start detoxing by drinking some fortune delight. It's healthy and natural...Doshi loves the stuff so I keep it on hand, and was ready to start. Little did I know exactly what was going to happen! I used to drink FD before I got sick. I liked it, and it was refreshing. The great thing about it is it's an herbal food, and works well with the body to eliminate the bad stuff, especially after workouts. When I got sick, I drank it for a while, but stopped when I noticed the irritability wasn't so bad when it wasn't included in my diet (Irritability to me was bad, until recently when I found out it was good for it to happen - more in an earlier post).

Because I have tried to stay away from anything that will detoxify until all the amalgam is gone, I am so toxic now that only one packet of FD in 12 ounces of water caused one of the freakiest things I've felt in a while. After drinking about 3/4 of it, I started feeling a pulling of stuff inside my head into the rest of my body. I felt so terrible during that time and after, I pretty much lost the rest of my day to feeling completely out of it and just feeling like crud. By last night, the left side of my head and jaw (near the bad tooth) were hurting pretty bad. During the night I woke up and felt that same side of my head had "fallen asleep" and it was tingling very strongly. It was all the way from my chin up to well behind and above my left ear. When that got back to normal, I could feel my jaw on the left side aching considerably. I woke up this morning with pain still there, and a fair amount of irritability. The pain has subsided somewhat, but I can still feel an achiness. I was still irritable, and my stomach was a bit "off", too.

I emailed my doc right away this morning to ask if it was from the fortune delight and he said yes, the body is detoxifying like it should. It's certainly not fun to go through, that's for sure. But he wants me to continue, with a more diluted form of the FD so it's not so strong to my system. He said in about a week I should hopefully feel some improvement.

Because I had used FD before, I never expected the results I got yesterday. I should have thought about how much the dental revisions have put a lot more mercury ravaging around my system, though. Plus, the root canaled tooth has had time to cause so much toxicity with the anaerobic bacteria making it's home there, along with the four other root canaled teeth with their own toxicity.

I also read today about cavitations left behind when removing a tooth. These can, and most often do, turn almost gangrenous. Talk about gross! But almost everyone who's had their wisdom teeth or any other teeth extracted probably didn't have the periodontal ligament removed with it, only to leave behind the 95% chance of bacterium buildup. It doesn't show up on x-rays, and most times there is no pain, so the unsuspecting person goes on with life thinking they are healthy and nothing is wrong with them. Within years, the bacterium usually shows up elsewhere in the form of an auto-immune disease, or worse yet, cancer. So not only amalgams can cause these terrible diseases, but so can root canals, and cavitations (Uninformed Consent, Hal Huggins).

I sure look at situations so differently now when I meet someone who is suffering from cancer or an auto-immune disease. It continually goes through my head...how many silver fillings does this person have? How many root canals? How many cavitations? Do they have dentures that have mercury or nickel in them? If they don't have any of these things, did one or both of their parents since mercury can cross the placenta or attach itself to sperm?

How many dentists have unknowingly poisoned their patients because they don't know any better and have listened to what the ADA is telling them instead of having reason to do their own research? I will say it again. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFORMED CONSENT. Do your research. And like me, if you're still not sure, do MORE research before you have anything put in your teeth (or your body!). Even now, after how much I've learned, I'm still making mistakes. I still forget things I've read, and I feel most times like I'm the only one who knows what's best for me dental-wise, because I certainly don't trust my dentist even though he's better than most since he understands the dangers of and won't place amalgam, but I've learned he still doesn't have all the answers, either. So if I'm doing all the learning (and forgetting), there's not a huge support system for me to lean on. Find a doctor who understands mercury toxicity and can help you. Find a dentist who completely understands the toxicity of all things done to your teeth. Be INFORMED.

http://www.piercelaw.edu/risk/vol2/spring/royal.htm
http://www.positivehealth.com/article-view.php?articleid=502
http://www.rooted.tv/?gclid=CK-7nsvK644CFRUHWAodGCh8FQ

No comments: