Thursday, January 21, 2010

Test done...

I just finished the heavy metal tox screen today. It was a 6 hour test, and I had to take 21 DMSA caplets. I really am surprised I am not feeling as icky as I expected to. In fact, I seem to have a bit less off-balance/dizziness going on than normal, and seem to have a bit of energy. I'm not exactly sure if it was the DMSA, or if it has anything to do with me adding a vitamin B12 spray today. I have so far taken 48 mcg (or 800% rda) of it today, after reading this article and seeing some similarities with my symptoms. I also called my NP and left a message for her regarding it because I couldn't remember if they ever tested my B12 levels. I should hear from her nurse this evening hopefully. If that's the case, I would happily continue to take vitamin B12 in whatever form would be best for me. I of course also looked further into seeing if a deficiency could be caused by toxic metal overload, and yep, there is a correlation. Who knows, with how 'alright' I'm feeling today maybe it's a combination of both the DMSA and adding in the B12 that's helping. I sure wouldn't mind having less off-balance and dizziness going on, that's for sure. Maybe I could actually start driving again!

No comments: