Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Well, supposedly it's not in my head...so now the doctors don't have that excuse!

I got word yesterday that my MRI is clean. It's good news since it means no tumors are causing my problems, but bad news since we still don't know what the problem is. I learned from some online research that the MRI should have been done with contrast and wasn't, so there could still be some missing information, like possible infection surrounding the brain or other problems in the head that could be a factor. I don't plan on having another MRI any time soon though, so those questions will have to be left unanswered for a while.

I decided yesterday that I was going to stop the medication...I felt it was not doing the job intended and instead causing other symptoms I wasn't ready to live with. With just two days of being on them, I could feel that I didn't want to deal with the side effects. It just wasn't worth it.

No comments: