Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Test Results...

Monday we got the results back from the Heavy Metal testing as well as to see how my thyroid was doing. It wasn't good news, but not surprising because of the symptoms I have gone through and still have. It was a real eye opener to see what's been making me ill.

Here is the breakdown from highest to lowest heavy metal, meaning what I am most toxic with to the least:

Gallium: .107 reference range (rr) .028
Lead: 22.2 rr 1.4
Thallium: .486 rr .298
Antimony: .136 rr .149
Mercury: 1.72 rr 2.19
Barium: 4.5 rr 6.7
Ribidium: 1,456 rr 2,263
Nickel: 2.31 rr 3.88
Cesium: 6.0 rr 10.5
Cadmium: .33 rr .64
Tin: .95 rr 2.04
Arsenic: 17 rr 50
Tungsten: .049 rr .211
Aluminum: 4.0 rr 22.3

In red are the metals that are above the permissible limit. I'm positive had I taken the test 6 months ago, mercury would have been fairly high as well. Between having the last of the amalgams removed and the detoxing I did over the summer, I am sure I got rid of a lot already.

According to the thyroid test results, my thyroid is
now being suppressed by the Armour thyroid I have been taking since January. The nurse practitioner I talked with on Monday is encouraging either half a dose or quitting it altogether. I have not heard word back yet from Dr. S as to his thoughts on it, so at this point I have continued taking it at normal dose.

On one hand I am relieved to know that there really is a cause for the way I've felt over the last three years, but on the other hand I'm quite perplexed as to where I was exposed to these elements that are in the high category. I only expected to see mercury high, not lead, gallium, or thallium. And if so, how long have I been toxic? I don't know if I'll ever know the answer to it.

What next you ask? I am waiting back to hear from either the NP or Dr. S after they were supposed to have a consult either yesterday or today. The NP was also going to speak with their naturopath on staff at the clinic and see what his suggestions are. The NP mentioned IV chelation...scary stuff to me. It just tells me that there's no fooling around with this and it's not something to be taken lightly. I haven't taken any of this lightly the last three years- don't get me wrong. I know how serious heavy metal poisoning can be. I've researched it lengthily. For the first time throughout this whole ordeal I
finally feel like someone believes me when I say I don't feel well! It's a relief...the next steps are just unfamiliar territory, and it's making me a bit nervous. At the same time I am excited that I will finally get somewhere with the detox that I wasn't able to accomplish on my own.

No comments: