Monday, April 14, 2008

Never Even Thought of It...

I was blown away today when I read about something I had never thought about. Read this paragraph from this website -
The environmental dangers of mercury fillings – from dental offices, from human waste, and from cremation – is alarming, and reason enough to end the use of amalgam.
Cremation...hmmmmm. Just think about the amount of toxins spewed out into the air with every cremated body. We don't live far from a funeral home that has a crematory onsite. Thankfully we live west of it and the prevailing winds blow east, but I can't even imagine the homes that are in the direct path of those winds - how many illnesses are being caused by having to breathe in the mercury from cremated dental fillings in those bodies!!!

I should probably also update since it's been awhile. I've come to the conclusion that this revision has had the same cleansing outcome like all the past revisions. My body just takes it hard. I've been having some pretty rough days, filled with headaches, off-balance feelings, dizziness, and extreme fatigue. I have already started counting down the hours to my last revision in May, but it still can't come soon enough. I think the hardest of the symptoms is the off-balance and dizzy feelings. It's hard to accomplish anything when I always feel like I'm going to fall.

No matter how bad I've felt through this all, I think my kids have suffered the most from this. They're going to remember their childhoods as always being stuck at home during the day when Dad was at work, and then be limited by what they could do or who they could see based on how I was feeling. It's been very limited these last three years. When we have done something, it's because I've really pushed myself to make it happen, but then I pay for it later on, once that event is over.

They're going to remember doctor appointments and dentist visits as a part of our normal everyday life. I don't think they'll be bitter. In fact, I think they'll understand more of what it is for someone to suffer in pain. They'll be able to empathize with a loved one or friend when they go through tough times. They'll also understand the importance of taking care of their health so they maybe will never have to go through the pain and suffering I have. They've also learned the dangers of putting amalgam fillings in our teeth. I know I've been blessed by having them home with me all day, and I know they will have learned much from this ordeal by the time it is over.

No comments: