Monday, October 8, 2007

So, it's not a light saber....

I haven't posted in while. Not because I didn't want to, but because I haven't had time. But I did want to share something new that I am trying, and the first treatment was this morning.

After my fiasco last week with the oral surgeon who wouldn't remove the periodontal ligament, I talked to Dr. K, the dentist in the cities. He suggested two things; go to another oral surgeon and have him/her go back into the extraction site and clean it out, costing me another $1000, or try a new procedure that Dr. K recently began that's showing much promise - cold laser treatment at $25 per session for 6 sessions. I decided to try the treatment and save my money. Plus, this procedure is non-invasive, and it involves no pain whatsoever. I liked that. Now, I did try to run 'cold laser dental treatment' through a search engine and I couldn't get anything to come up, so I am trusting big-time Dr. K knows what he's talking about, but so far he has known. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I think it's okay.

My first session was no more than 8 minutes long. I sat down in the chair, one of the hygenists came and sat down in the dentist's chair, and held a laser inside my cheek and the gum line, carefully and slowly moving it around the area where the root of the tooth originally was. She did that for about 3 or 4 minutes, and then took a different laser and held it alongside my cheek, moving in the same way as the other laser. Another 3-4 minutes and I was done. I go back in two days, and then again two days next week and the following week. This is supposed to kill off any remaining bacteria and stop the extraction area from cavitation if it were going to happen.

I also asked the gal about my wisdom tooth extraction sites and she said that all four of them would need to be done if we were going to do it since there's no way of knowing if they've turned into cavitations without opening them up. I told her I'd think about it and will consider it as a future project if getting the rest of the amalgams out don't cause the relief expected.

Today I am feeling less pain in my jaw (although it's still sore in the novacaine needle puncture area), but the dizziness and slight headache are still hanging around. My doc seems to think that my anemia is out of whack again causing the dizziness, and wants me getting more red meat and pumpkin. We'll see if that helps any. I checked out the nutritional value of pumpkin, and found that eating it canned has far more nutritional value than eating it fresh! Unexplained anemia, which is what I have, is often caused by mercury toxicity. Upon amalgam's removal and detoxification of the body, many patients have found relief from anemia and regained their energy like never before. I am hoping that's what will happen for me when I can finally finish up with the last 5 crowns. It's looking like we won't even start the crowns until the new year, however, so it's going to be a bit of a wait.

No comments: