Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stiff & Sore

Have you ever woken up several times a night to roll over because you've become stiff and sore? It's been happening to me alot lately. I don't think it helps that my neck and head are still not right even with the adjustment from the chiropractor. I'm feeling somewhat better overall since the incidences of dizzy spells are significantly down, but last night while I was out on a date with Sparky, I found it difficult not to have my hand up by my face giving support to my head all evening. I imagine I will be needing another adjustment this coming week to do some more fixing.

There's some information in Dr. Hal Huggin's book Uninformed Consent that explains this phenomena of chiropractic adjustments not "holding" due to mercury toxicity. I actually was quite relieved to read that there may come a day for me that I won't have to visit the chiropractor so often because my adjustments will last longer than the one to two weeks (sometimes only days) it has been. For a few short months after my second revision (one section of my teeth was worked on and replaced with composite) I was actually feeling great still when I would go to my scheduled appointment. It didn't continue, however, after the last revision I had. Let me explain.

My last dental revision turned into a month-long ordeal with a lot of pain. When the dentist worked on removing the amalgam, he found the decay under the filling to have gone down and opened up the root of two of my teeth. He tried cleaning them out and saving them from further work and costs, but the roots had had enough. I ended up having a root canal on both teeth within a short amount of time. I ended up having an infection in one and was given antibiotics to clean it out. When done, I started feeling a little better for about a week. Then I visited my doctor, who decided he would give me 10 other strains of antibiotics to clean my system out further (it was in electrical form from a special machine). It took me two weeks and the worst cold I have ever had to get beyond feeling absolutely terrible everyday. Then I slowly started feeling better, but was still struggling with a lot of symptoms. After about a month, I noticed that my visual problems (looking through a fish bowl effect) was getting better. I was feeling pretty happy about that, but I was still having dizzy spells. Slowly, those started to diminish as well. I had even done a little driving, and was getting more confident in doing so. Of course with moving ahead there always seems to be some sort of setback. About two weeks ago, my family and I had gone to an antique car show that also featured drag racing. The engines were loud, but didn't seem to bother me too much. I was more concerned with my kids' ears than mine, and didn't do anything because I didn't think it was a problem for me. By the end of the weekend I was having visual issues again. Was it just coincidence, or do my ears have something to do with the vision? If it's vertigo, then yes, it's possible. Whether or not sound has anything to do with it is a whole different question entirely. It seemed to last only a few days and I started seeing more "normal" again, but last weekend with the onset of a headache and stiff neck, I moved my head in such a way that my neck "popped" and even though it relieved the headache immediately, it replaced it with the worst dizzy spell I've had yet. Hence, the trip to the chiropractor this week to find a ligament hugely out of line.

So, that's where I am today with the neck stiffness and soreness. It's really not that surprising, just so frustrating that I had made some great strides in feeling better, that I had such a setback. I am hoping that it's only temporary, and that those things might permanently go away so that I can remove them from my symptoms list.

I realize that I haven't talked much about mercury today, but I think that with just reading my day to day "diary", you'll get the picture of what a person with possible mercury poisoning goes through. Some day soon I will post the entire list of symptoms/illnesses from the Cutler book that have been relieved by dental revision (removing amalgam from the teeth and replacing with composite). You can see if you fit enough of the symptoms to consider having your own dental revision done.

No comments: