Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Testing x3

Sparky and I decided just recently that he and the kids should be tested for heavy metals too, so this last weekend all three of them took the toxic element screening. We'll find out in a month if they are affected by toxic metals as well. It will be really interesting to know, because if they are all affected, then we have something to work with - something that all of us do or eat that's causing the high numbers. If it's just me, then it will be pretty perplexing since the kids and I are together and do a lot of the same things and eat a lot of the same things 90% of the time.

The DMSA chelation is going as expected. My first three days were pretty bad - extreme headaches, fatigue, etc. My fourth day was slightly better, but ended in another 'thyroid storm' * in the middle of the night. I have four and a half more weeks to go of chelation.

Even though I have had to address other toxic metals along with mercury, my hope is that those who stop by and read my story would be convicted to stand up to your dentist the next time he or she wants to place amalgam fillings in your teeth. It's a long lonely road when you don't feel well, and even though you think you may never go through what I have, I thought those same things, too. Yet it happened, and I have missed a lot over the last four years because of it. I especially missed special times with my children when I couldn't sit still long enough or it hurt me physically to cuddle with them, or my headaches were too intense to spend time with them, or my chest hurt too badly to read to them. I spent hours crying with my husband rather than spending time enjoying being with him. I haven't felt the confidence to drive in almost two years, causing me to be dependent on others, and stuck at home every day not being able to run errands or do fun field trips with the kids, putting a burden on Sparky because then he had/has to chauffeur me around in the evenings and weekends. I am not asking for sympathy. I know others suffer even more than me, but I want anyone who will read what I have to say to understand this poison can alter your life like you never expected. Please consider my story and be informed.

*discussed in an earlier post

No comments: