Saturday, December 6, 2008

Test Results II

I got my test results this week from the toxic element screening. It was encouraging because things are happening, yet a little discouraging, because I still have more chelation to do. Most of my numbers came down some but not enough, and I did guess that before finding out the results because of how I've been feeling. I will be starting another round of DMSA chelation for six weeks starting next week, and then I retest in three months. I am not looking forward to it because this time the chelation falls right over Christmas. The last round wasn't too kind to me and I did not feel well throughout. My hope is, this time will be different and as the numbers fall even further I may actually start feeling better. I'll post the numbers below, as well as the previous test numbers so they can be compared. In red is above the 'permissible' limit. DL meant not detectable. You may notice that gallium was off the chart in test #1, but undetectable in test #2. Gallium is used for medical purposes, and also used in composite fillings. What little I have learned about it is that it's not typically toxic, so I'm guessing having it that high had not much effect on me, plus it was probably the residual that had made it into my body after having my dental work done. You may also notice that platinum jumped into the above allowable range. It was explained to me that it was high due to the presence of DMSA (for chelation) in my body, and "elemental platinum has very low toxicity except for those who have dermal sensitivity" (Genova Diagnostics).

Element/ test #1/ test #2/ RR (what it should be under)
Lead/ 22.2/ 11.5 /1.4
Mercury / 1.74/ 1.19 / 2.19
Aluminum/ 4.0/ 5.9 / 22.3
Antimony / .136/ .079/ .149
Arsenic / 17/ 17 / 50
Barium / 4.5 / 3.4/ 6.7
Cadmium/ .33 /.15/ .64
Cesium/ 6.0/ 6.2 / 10.5
Gallium / .107/ dl/ .028
Nickel/ 2.31 / dl/ 3.88
Platinum/ dl/ .035/ .033
Rubidium / 1,456/ 1,580/ 2,263
Thallium / .486/ .289 / .298
Tin / .95 / .47/ 2.04
Tungsten / .049/ dl/ .211

I also started physical therapy this week to retrain my vision to correct the off-balance and dizzy feelings I have constantly. I have about 30 minutes of exercises to do twice a day. The physical therapist said it will take some time to retrain my vision. As promising as it might be, I'm still a little perplexed that the NP did not order any testing to find the cause of the off-balance/dizziness but went right to PT instead.

I guess overall things are going in the right direction, and I am somewhat encouraged. I am not getting excited about anything yet, however, because I don't like getting excited about something and then to be let down when it doesn't happen. I am hoping and praying that I will feel improvement after these next six weeks, but I am waiting to feel the results before I celebrate.

No comments: