Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Waiting...

The toxic element test is done, and my appointment to get the results is set for early December. Now it's just the waiting. I just hope that the DMSA did its job and that the results will be promising.

Things have settled down a little bit for me since I've been off the chelation, but not a whole lot. I'm still experiencing severe headaches almost daily, and I've not been able to shake the off-balance or dizzy feelings and the extreme fatigue. I did have my eustachian tubes adjusted chiropractically and that seemed to help get rid of the off-balance and dizziness for about a day, and then it must have gone back to being twisted, causing those symptoms to return.

I also had what my doctor thinks to be a thyroid storm last week, but the info I found online says that it can be caused only in hyperthyroid patients, so I'm a little confused. I have hypothyroidism. My 'thyroid storm' did fit most of the symptoms found in the above link, but I did not go to the E.R., nor was it life threatening, as I am still here. It was still a bit unnerving, and I find myself concerned that I'll have another episode someday, and that it could be life threatening the next time around.

I hate still not feeling well. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I hate the off-balance and dizzy feelings. I hate the extreme fatigue. I hate the headaches. I hate not being able to drive and be a 'normal' mom to my kids and 'normal' wife to my husband. I have hope that I will get some sense of normalcy back in my life some day. I just hope and pray it's sooner than later.

No comments: