Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Four weeks of metal free...

As of yesterday, it's been four weeks since my last amalgam (and metal crowns) were taken out. It's not been a cakewalk, but the side effects have been in the right direction. I am finding that some days are better than others, but overall I'm slowly making progress. I haven't done a whole lot in the way of detox yet, I have another two weeks to go before I really should start anything.

I have tried the detox foot pads two nights so far, but not two nights in a row yet. Both mornings the pads have been filled with a gooey dark substance and my feet have been dry, so I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I think the proof will be when I can wear them several nights in a row and if they start lightening in color with each day. I may have to be doing it for awhile though, if they do work, just because of the amount of toxins in my body.

My biggest symptoms that are still plaguing me are the off-balance and dizzy feelings I have. I can't even sit without feeling like I'm going to fall off a chair, and walking is a concentrated effort not to veer to the left. I know my equilibrium is off, but I don't know how the mercury has affected it and how to concentrate on getting rid of that issue. I'm hoping that once I start really detoxing I'll find some relief. It's really frustrating, because it is that problem that keeps me from doing a LOT of things, including driving. I also still feel a lot of fatigue most days. Some days of course are better, but I am still finding that I have to push myself to do even simple things most days.

I saw Dr. S last week and he concluded that the pain and achiness I was feeling in my legs was being caused by my pelvic muscles deteriorating and the pelvic bone starting to loosen up and open up outwards. He was hoping that strengthening the muscles in that area would pull the bone back in and also take care of the pain, and so far it has.

Even though this update doesn't sound too enthusiastic or positive, I feel optimistic that once I really start detoxing I should see continuing improvement at a faster rate.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Thank you for the info! I'll check it out. Even though I've read up on them, I didn't realize there were some bad ones out there!

Laurie said...

Dan Edal...
Thanks again for the info on the foot patches. I chose not to continue using the Kinoki brand I purchased, but haven't decided if I will try anything else like it. There's just so much to learn about products that claim they are good for you and "natural"!