Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thinking things through...

It has been just a little over three weeks since I finished up the last round of chelation. I've noticed a lot of ups and downs during this time, mostly downs. Lots of headaches, extra fatigue, just an overall feeling of unwellness, off-balance and dizziness, and some irritability has creeped back in. I don't know if it's good to be feeling so bad yet - is it that my body is trying to adjust to the lack of heavy metals in my system or are heavy metals being introduced back in because we haven't found where they are coming from yet? In any case, I've been trying to maintain a small level of activity so that I can rest when I need to, although being a full-time wife, mom, and homeschool teacher has it's responsibilities that don't allow huge amounts of time to 'work' on healing. It also seems the weather affects me greatly. Seasonal changes especially cause fluctuations in how I feel, and having SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) stemming from the HMT does not help right now with it being winter. I'm hoping that will eventually change as I continue healing.

I will be retesting in March, and I'm guessing I will have another round of chelation in April-May. In a way I'm wanting to do it all sooner because I think overall things are getting better. It's just hard to see that some days when I still have symptoms that feel more overwhelming since I've become so sensitive to everything during this time. I just keep thinking if I could remove all of the toxins faster I could really concentrate on getting better right away rather than this constant 2 steps forward- 8 steps back yoyo that I'm riding on. I would probably have 30 steps back, but then I could take each step forward without having to worry about going backwards again. I know that's not a safe way to go, however, and I need to be patient. It took several years to build up the amount of toxins in my body...it will take just as long if not longer to get them out. I need to let my system heal slowly so that it can heal properly.

No comments: