Saturday, January 26, 2008

The next step...

I thought I should update since it's been a while again. There has not been much progress in the way of getting my thyroid to work. I ended up being told by Dr. S to go have a full panel thyroid screening done, so that took place this last week. We'll have the results in a week and a half. The Nurse Practitioner I saw was absolutely wonderful, and willing to work with the same type of thyroid replacement (if I need it) that Dr. S said he could work with best so that I wouldn't have to stay on it forever. I am very happy about that.

I also have my next dental revision appointment made for March. I was bummed to know that was the first date that Dr. C had open, so it's going to be a longer wait than I anticipated. The good thing is, he'll be taking care of all the crowns on the right side of my mouth, not just one section, so I'll only need one more appointment for the other side and then I'll be amalgam free. I'm hoping that appointment can come quickly after the first one. If I'm going to feel terrible afterward, I want to get it all done and not have to keep feeling awful in segments. One good thing about having to wait until March is that it will give the thyroid replacement time to work and that might be very helpful to my immune system and I may not feel so badly after the revisions.

I haven't had much time as of late to do any more research on mercury amalgam, but I can still tell you I know it's bad, bad stuff. No one, under any circumstances, should have to have it in their bodies! I just read a book from Dr. Joseph Mercola entitled "Take Control of Your Health". He had some more great information regarding mercury in vaccines and how the lobbyists for the drug companies are unbelievable in their tactics to get the government to allow them to do what they do. It was a good read. I don't agree with all of what he says, but there are several things that I'm in huge agreement on and trying to make those changes for my family and me.

No comments: